• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Interactive Screen Recording Software Required

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know any good software for interactive screen recording?

For example, lets pretend I have a video file of a football match.

I would like to play this video on my computer but then interact with it.

ie: record voice over, pause the video, draw arrows, move icons/images, add text etc.

Basically like they do on the TV networks at half time when reviewing football footage.

I'd like an easy way to analyse and interact with my video files. Hope that makes sense.

The only way I can think of at the moment is to manually record the video, then manually record the audio over the top and then finally take it into a video editing software and add the interactive parts. All of this would take too long and I need a way to do it on the fly.

Let me know if my request is not clear.

Thanks in advance.

C

chas_m

There's a reason broadcast software of the sort you're talking about costs tens of thousands of dollars.

You might be able to find something to help you with the features you require through plug-ins to Final Cut X, but iMovie or something like that is only going to be able to help you with voice-overs, slow-motion and adding text

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.