why does my imac keep losing internet connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 (2015) Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz Total Number of Cores: 4 Memory: 12 GB
my internet goes down then I have to turn off WiFi and back on again cures it for another 5 to 10 minutes. is there anyway I can sort this out. I have just had a new router/modem AirTies as my last one got burned out. This problem has only started with this new router/modem. If anybody can help please explain as simply as you can I am a bit slow with the workings of the computer world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As a suggestion set up the router again using your browser with a different name and password, and go into System preferences of whatever operating system you are using and use Automatic and set up.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 (2015) Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 3.3 GHz Total Number of Cores: 4 Memory: 12 GB
As a suggestion set up the router again using your browser with a different name and password, and go into System preferences of whatever operating system you are using and use Automatic and set up.

I wouldn't have a clue how to do that:(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I wouldn't have a clue how to do that:(

Now is a great time to learn!;) Like Harry mentioned...get out your user manuals...read them...then post again with specific questions.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.