Best mouse for OS X

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
So I love the Magic mouse except for it's tendency to randomly accept unintended hand/finger motion as inputs and the screen zooms or the spreadsheet go shooting off the page. I can barley tolerate it but my computer-hating-but-tolerating-as-necessary-evil wife goes crazy when those things happen.

I also have a Logitech Performance MX mouse that fits my hand perfectly but is waaaaay too sensitive (software adjustments don't help).

Can anyone recommend a mouse? I don't care what brand...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't know what the DPI or the settings are that you have available for your Logitech Performance MX mouse, but I have the Logitech M705 that is about the best mouse I've ever used — after I finally got a proper mouse pad that worked well with it. And it took me three different plain mouse pads before I found the best one. Now super smooth and precise tracking.

And avoid the heavily patterned and coarse textured mouse pads. They can be jerky.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I should have been more specific…it's the wheel that drives me nuts. It has no friction so slight movement continues. If I zoom in or out on google maps using the wheel, if often reverses a bit. the left right wheel movement on the other hand is too stiff, almost impossible to use. Mouse itself tracks well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you using the mouse with or without the Logitech control software??

According to the specs, the scroll wheel has a innovative new feature, the power to switch from a free-spinning wheel to the old-fashioned clicking scroll.

Maybe that would help, switching its scrolling mode.

OP
L

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's interesting, but the Logitech Control S/W say's nothing about that. Some research told me that it's controlled by a button on the mouse. Fixed. That's pretty cool. Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's interesting, but the Logitech Control S/W say's nothing about that. Some research told me that it's controlled by a button on the mouse. Fixed. That's pretty cool. Thanks!!

Happy mousing and I'm glad you found the switch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.