lost music

Reaction score
My iMac had to go for repair and came back minus my iTunes music. Any way I can I get it back?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
any songs, albums, etc. you've purchased from the itunes store you should be able to re download:

go to the itunes store page
sign in to your account
on the right there'll be a quick link to purchased items
click on that
click on the all tab
at the foot of the page click the download button

anything elso you've ripped from CD, etc. you'll be relying on any back up you have made

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If the hard drive had to be erased you would have to resort to something like Data Rescue 3 to do the recovery. There is a demo version that you can use to see whether anything could be recovered.

One problem is that the music has probably been overwritten by the stuff on the drive now.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My iMac had to go for repair and came back minus my iTunes music. Any way I can I get it back?

And, you didn't make a backup of your data prior to having it repaired even though Apple recommends doing so? ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.