Where did my emails go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 DUO,8GB,G4SE 8600GT 256,leopard 10.5.8
I only have 5 emails in my in box. Same on my iPad and 5c.. Logged in at the server same thing. Can't find any of the other emails. All I do have are all my sent emails and spams.
I recently upgraded to mavericks last week and I think this is when I lost them but I'm not sure. I looked up the help option to recover email from the new time machine AirPort Extreme but nothing came up.

My iPad and 5c are on IMAP checking MBP now. Thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 DUO,8GB,G4SE 8600GT 256,leopard 10.5.8
It says I have an archive box on the iPad & 5c but don't know how to access it. Sorry for the simple questions but we've been lookin for a while now

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I looked up the help option to recover email from the new time machine AirPort Extreme but nothing came up.

Recovering email messages using Time Machine is a bit complex and does not work the same as in recovering files and folders. See if you can follow along....

Go to Mail and open the Mail program. Leave it open.

Now enter Time Machine and go to a date on the right side (pink color) that you're sure the messages were there. Perhaps before you updated to Mavericks. Now all you need to do is follow the prompts on the screen for recovery.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.