Anyone receive their MBP 2.16G yet?

G

groundprox

Has anyone received their MBP 2.16ghz yet? or even shippng confirmation? I made my order a few weeks ago and back then I was told that it would be 3-4 weeks for my order. When I called yesterday, they told me 3-4 weeks again! If someone has theirs, how long did it take? Kinda sucks that the local resellers in my area are already getting their MBP 2.0Ghz in stock while I have to wait. I realize that this is a special order, but I just wish I can get my hands on this since this will be my first ever mac! :mac:

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
groundprox said:
Has anyone received their MBP 2.16ghz yet? or even shippng confirmation? I made my order a few weeks ago and back then I was told that it would be 3-4 weeks for my order. When I called yesterday, they told me 3-4 weeks again! If someone has theirs, how long did it take? Kinda sucks that the local resellers in my area are already getting their MBP 2.0Ghz in stock while I have to wait. I realize that this is a special order, but I just wish I can get my hands on this since this will be my first ever mac! :mac:

I rang up I am waiting another 2-3 weeks but that is not certain however my wifes 1.83 will be with her within 10 days. Oh well I am away for 2 weeks paragliding so that should help time go. :dummy:

OP
D

D. Generate

I got mine on Thursday. It was my early graduation present and I'm still playing around with it and learning about it. I've never had a laptop, but have had a G4 and now a G5 Power Mac. I'm pretty impressed with the MacBook Pro and very happy with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
D. Generate said:
I got mine on Thursday. It was my early graduation present and I'm still playing around with it and learning about it. I've never had a laptop, but have had a G4 and now a G5 Power Mac. I'm pretty impressed with the MacBook Pro and very happy with it.
What's the battery life on it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Discerptor said:

MacWorld says it's a tad (and by a tad, I mean like 5-10 minutes) less than the latest PowerBook G4's.

OP
D

D. Generate

Discerptor said:

I'm not sure. I did a completely unscientific test today because I was trying to do the battery calibration that is mentioned in the manual. It was fully charged and I was trying to drain the battery by leaving it to play iTunes. I started it up at 11 am and went to school. Came home at 4:30 and it was sleeping. I woke it up and the battery indicator said it was at 16%.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
D. Generate said:
I'm not sure. I did a completely unscientific test today because I was trying to do the battery calibration that is mentioned in the manual. It was fully charged and I was trying to drain the battery by leaving it to play iTunes. I started it up at 11 am and went to school. Came home at 4:30 and it was sleeping. I woke it up and the battery indicator said it was at 16%.

but the thing is you don't know when it went to sleep.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.