iMessage and Facetime question

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

Here is my question.

I have an iPhone, MBP and and iMac. They are all using the same icloud account which has the synching for notes, calendar, contacts, etc.

I was wondering how does it work if I want to contact via iMessage or Facetime the other devices? Let's say that my wife is at home with the MBP and I am at work with the iPhone. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I have an iPhone, MBP and and iMac. They are all using the same icloud account which has the synching for notes, calendar, contacts, etc.

I was wondering how does it work if I want to contact via iMessage or Facetime the other devices? Let's say that my wife is at home with the MBP and I am at work with the iPhone. Is there any way to do this?

I thought for sure that it wasn't possible to Facetime or Message yourself, but I just tried and you can! Just open Messages or Facetime and initiate a call/message to yourself.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If I understand you correctly this should help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.