Strangest issue! RAW image problem..

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im needing some assistance in locating one particular RAW image. It appears in iPhoto no problem. As ALL do the others. I have exported all the RAW images I am needing into a folder and copied them fine to an external drive…

However this one image will not export *Export-set kind to original- then it states Unable to create.
So I have gone into the iPhoto library/masters folder and it is NOT even in there! Yet it appears in iPhoto with all data and raw as the others.. But just this one photo will not be located! I have not deleted any photos or files relating to this image. So it could not be a ghost file. It's very frustrating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
What you will be seeing in iPhoto is the Alias, and if it isn't in the Master Library in Finder, then it isn't there. Surprised you haven't seen the ? in iPhoto though, as you would if the Photo isn't in the Masters Library anymore.
Its reasons like this that I use Aperture as my DAM because of the ease re-naming and then having that as a search option if I ever lost it.
Sorry I haven't got a straight answer for you.

You could try holding down ⌘⌥ (Command+Option) while you click to open iPhoto and either repair or rebuild the database, and see what that does.

OP
T
Reaction score
I know its totally strange… The image is still in iPhoto in all its glory with details 24MG - f.2 etc etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
What you will be seeing in iPhoto is the Alias, and if it isn't in the Master Library in Finder, then it isn't there. Surprised you haven't seen the ? in iPhoto though, as you would if the Photo isn't in the Masters Library anymore.
Its reasons like this that I use Aperture as my DAM because of the ease re-naming and then having that as a search option if I ever lost it.
Sorry I haven't got a straight answer for you.

You could try holding down ⌘⌥ (Command+Option) while you click to open iPhoto and either repair or rebuild the database, and see what that does.

I agree, sounds like he is seeing a cached image...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.