can´t log in to my macbook pro

Reaction score
Yesterday I downloaded this new software. When it was done being downloaded the mac naturally turned itself of. When I turned it on again it all looked normal, but after typing the password of my user they asked me type the password of my apple account (which I had forgotten). I clicked on the "forgot your password" button, and then this white square appeared on the screen with a circle that apperantly is loading, BACK and CONTINUE: Obviously, after a long time of waiting I tried clicking on BACK and CONTINUE, but it didn´t work. I have tried turning the computer of and finsihing the battery but when I log in to my account this white circle appears. Can someone please tell me what to do?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Yesterday I downloaded this new software.

Can you give us an idea of what this software was/is? And where were you downloading it from?

- Nick

OP
V
Reaction score
I don´t remember what it was called but it was one of those automatic ones that pops up in App store. I´m not really good at this stuff, but it said that it was a new and improved upgrade, so I thought why not?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
When it was done being downloaded the mac naturally turned itself of.
That's not normal unless this was a software update and even then, you'd be asked to restart your computer. What are you trying to install?

OP
V
Reaction score
Yes, they told me before that it would turn itself of. It was like an upgrade made by apple that popped up in the App store.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don´t remember what it was called but it was one of those automatic ones that pops up in App store. I´m not really good at this stuff, but it said that it was a new and improved upgrade, so I thought why not?

It's probably not a very good idea to download apps without remembering what they are. Especially when problems like this surface. This is how folks get themsleves in trouble on the internet...downloading & installing things without too much thought.;)

I'm guessing that if the app was via the Mac App Store...it was probably ok. But some apps that are "willy-nilly" downloaded can be much more malicious!

Downloading an app from the Mac App Store should not cause this issue. It's very possible that something else occurred coincidentally with this app download...and maybe the forced restart brought this issue to light.

- Nick

OP
V
Reaction score
Yes, I know, but it´s not an app, it´s an "automatic upgrade" made my apple, so I didn´t really worry about what it was called. I never download things on the internet without knowing what it is.

Yes, I don´t think there is anything wrong with the app. It´s probably just my computer, but I don´t know how to fix it :|

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I know, but it´s not an app, it´s an "automatic upgrade" made my apple, so I didn´t really worry about what it was called. I never download things on the internet without knowing what it is.

Ok...this sounds much better. An app update rather than a brand new app being downloaded.

Yes, I don´t think there is anything wrong with the app. It´s probably just my computer, but I don´t know how to fix it :|

Normally when you reboot/restart the computer...if the computer has been setup to require a password when the computer is restarted...then you just enter that password...and you are good to go.

What you are experiencing seems sort of unusual...and to be honest (after rereading the initial post)...I'm not sure I 100% understand what's going on. For example...what do you mean by "type the password of my apple account"? What account are you talking about?:

- personal login account on the computer?
- iTunes account?
- Mac App Store account?

If it was an iTunes or Mac App Store account...and you try to enter the wrong password too many times...it will lock you out. If you forgot this password...then you need to go thru the process to reset it. Then remember the new one!;)

* Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I think the OP was asked for his Apple ID and has forgotten it. An in place upgrade of an App from the App store sometimes asks for that ID. I've been asked the same thing on occasion even to upgrade an App that I've owned for some time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gotta remember those ID's and password's.:)

Hey...I'm guilty!;)

- Nick

OP
V
Reaction score
It was my apple ID, and I typed the password wrong 2 times I think before clicking ¨forgot password¨. I´m not really good at remembering, and I think I might have two apple ID´s as well, haha. Anyways, then this square appeared and it looks like it is planning to stay... should I go and ask in some apple store?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.