Early 2011 MacBook Pro problems.

Reaction score
I got my MacBook Pro in July 2011 and one month in it keeps over heating and crashing so I took to the apple store and replace the LB and its fine until the screen start going black in 2014 and on Memorial Day I was mirroring with Apple TV and it start over heating I shut it down and when I start it up back my screen is divided in two with a vertical line and how fix it or I have to take it the store again.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I know that it's a pain in the butt...but if you still have Apple care remaining...I would take it back to the Apple Store.

On the other hand...if your MBP's fan is not working properly (busted)...or is clogged with dirt...this a relatively easy matter to remedy.

- Nick

OP
D
Reaction score
I dont have apple care and the fan is working I believe its a gpu problem from mirroring cause it to over heat but I have to the store.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I dont have apple care and the fan is working I believe its a gpu problem from mirroring cause it to over heat but I have to the store.

This overheating problem is really not a common issue with 2011 MBP's. So if it truly is overheating & crashing...and the fan is working properly as you mentioned...then:

- it could still be dirty inside
- the computer is not receiving adequate ventilation
- or maybe you do have some sort of an unfortunate/uncommon hardware issue

* Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I believe I have replace the logic board again.

You don't want to have to do that...$$$!:(

If this is the case...and since you have had the LB replaced once. I would certainly bring this to the attention of the Apple folks. Maybe they will replace the LB again for free...or at a greatly reduced price. Never know.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.