• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

ITMS will launch full length movie dnloads...

Reaction score
This, along with a 31/2" full screen iPod would make sense to me as to what the rumored "new products" will be next week.

Apple has apparently already reached a deal for full length movie downloads from the iTunes store. Then, you need something to watch them on - the full screen iPod or the 'Mac Mini' (college students or whomever comprises the target market of the 'Mac Mini')

This would also lend credence to a new "Mac Mini" having a revamped 'Front Row' interface. I say revamped since I'm thinking of how the movie would be accessed by 'Front Row' from it's menu. I don't remember if there is a seperate menu selection for 'TV' currently(if so, i don't think it is within the 'Music" icon) or if it is included in the category 'Playlist'. Since there is no actual DVD to insert, I guess the Movie icon would be in control of accessing these files from iTunes library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33Ghz iMac Core 2 Duo, 1.5Ghz Powerbook G4
I think full length movies on iTMS is a bad idea as it would take an age to download (even with Broadband)

Reaction score
Movies in FrontRow access any TV episodes bought on the iTMS and put it in the TV category.

I'd like to see Apple move away from iTunes and make it a media jukebox for once. Music and Video are coming together, I'm sick of having the two seperated. And support codecs, I hate flogging my iMac G5 just to encode all my movies again!

Reaction score
andrewmiller25 said:
I think full length movies on iTMS is a bad idea as it would take an age to download (even with Broadband)

maybe they will have a stream option

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
menziep said:
maybe they will have a stream option

how would you stream it to an ipod, and why would somebody pay for a stream when they can not watch it over and over again.

Reaction score
they should build quicktime into itunes.

Reaction score
EDIT-XTREEM said:
they should build quicktime into itunes.
Yes they should, or in other words replace itunes and quicktime with a new piece of software (iMedia?) that controls all your digital media that you listen to or watch...

Or, they should expand quicktime to be like itunes, just a video manager instead of a player. So we have iTunes and iClips or so. Two software pieces, similar look and feel, just like iphoto resembles itunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.