Mac Book Pro Mid 2012 Problem with wakeup

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
This may be nothing but thought I would ask anyway. This has happened to me about 3 or 4 times I would say in the last 4 months.

I close the lid on my MBP and reopen it later. Normally it leaps into action as soon as I open the lid. On these few occasions it will not come on. I have tried waiting but that seems to not help. I have had to hold the power key down until it reboots to get it going again.

Just wondering if I should be worried about this? I bought this from Apple refurbished and it is still under a one year warranty. Should I be contacting Apple about this?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting the SMC (System Management Controller) first. If the problem persists, yes, I would make a genius appointment with Apple and take it on in and let them diagnose it.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
Thanks chscag.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.