Font size cross-platform issue in PowerPoint

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Yeah and I'm not giving it up yet!!!
Has anyone experienced an increase in font size in a PowerPoint document when moving it from Mac to a PC? If so, did you find a fix? Many thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This might happen when the font used in Powerpoint Mac is not available in the Windows version of Powerpoint. Powerpoint Windows will then substitute a font which it thinks will work. Sometimes that results in the font being enlarged, other times it may even disturb the kerning. I have experienced the same thing when transposing Powerpoint Windows to Powerpoint Mac.

If the fonts used in both Powerpoint Mac and Windows are the same, check the layout of the particular slide(s) to make sure they're the same.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" Yeah and I'm not giving it up yet!!!
Thanks for your response. Don't think it's the font — Arial TTF for both Mac and Windows. Unless TTF fonts cause some anomalies on Macs? The file has been set up on a Mac running OS 10.7.5, Office 2011 and is being transferred to a PC running Windows 8.1, Office 2010. The file is setup correctly — it has a proper template, etc. Kerning is default, i.e. no kerning. Any further thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.