PowerMac G5 Logic Board error code

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had an old G5 PowerMac PPC (MLB serial: KD41001WHQEJF) sitting in my garage for a while. Now the reason why it hasn't been used for a while is that I kept getting kernel panics. I thought that this might be a HDD problem, so the other day I replaced it and re-installed the original system before I upgraded to Leopard. It all boots up fine and there isn't any causes for concern, but I was still curious if the HDD was ok so I ran an AHT from the install disk. To my horror the test stopped 5 minutes in with an error on the logic board.

***ERROR*CODE***ERROR*CODE***
2VSP/1/3: 0x11
***ERROR*CODE***ERROR*CODE***

Does anyone know how I can repair this or is it a case of getting a new logic board? Or could I even ignore it?

any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Probably shouldn't be something to be ignored per-say.
Maybe weigh up the options you have.. are you going to be using this machine alot? keeping important information on it etc.. if it's something to just be played with then see how far it goes until it's driven into the ground. Then again, if a logic board is quite cheap for it now, if you have the money to spend then go for it.
Nothing more satisfying than bringing an old computer back to life :)

- Simon

OP
G
Reaction score
cheers for the replies. I was going to get it up and running and sell it for a few quid, we've had a new addition to the family so money is tight and space is even tighter :). I also didn't like to see it just sitting around doing nothing. I used to use that mac all of the time and I loved it. Just want to give it a good home, as it would be great mac for a novice user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don't spend too much on it. $50-100 is all it is worth alas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.