exporting imovie to dvd

Reaction score
Hi all. I have just finished making a movie with imovie, I finalised it but can't seem to figure out how to get it onto a dvd. I have tried doing it through Idvd but that starts then gets to "one minute remaining" then just sits there doing nothing. I really need an easy way to do this because I am about to freak out. I have been working on this for 2 weeks now and I am sick looking at it. Any help would be really really great. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
How long did you leave it at that 'one minute'? To me Apple has always used that one minute very extravagantly on all applications and utilities. Do you have Toast Titanium at all, or Burn?

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I left it for about 10 minutes then gave up tried it again and it did the same. I have tried to do it using Burn but when i try to play it in a DVD player it tells me its a bad disc. Do you think if I had left Idvd longer it would have worked. I am so confused about how to make this work properly, any suggestions would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Try saving your iDVD Project as a Disc Image via the File menu. If that works, you can then use Disk Utility to burn a dvd using that image.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.