Mac Voice Recognition

DDO

Reaction score
Hello
I use Mac Voice Recognition on Mavericks through the WEB and I am quite happy with it. It is not perfect but usefull. Then I have tried to use the "enhanced" version ie the one that install the voice recognition system on your mac. After a (very short) period during which it works quite well, now the "enhanced" version does not work anymore (the quality of the recognition is awfull) does anybody has an explanation of this phenomena ? What shouId I do. I even do not know how to uninstall the "enhanced version" Thank you for your Help !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
Huh. Didn't know there was an enhanced version. I just downloaded it. Does not seem to be useful (errors) but could be it needs to learn the nuances of my speech. Maybe try to download it again.

OP
D

DDO

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice but I am a new Mac user (I was in the PC world before). I do not know how to uninstall a program
Could you help me ?
Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M3 iMac, 24 GB RAM, 10 core GPU
I don't know. Great question, though. I just searched Downloads and it's not there. It's not in Finder. Who knows. Another great Apple mystery, the unknown unknown. In Windows world it's evident where to uninstall...easy.

You could spend a few hours here, as a start.

Apple - Search Results

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you are using the version of speech recognition that is part of the OS, even the "enhanced" version, don't bother trying to remove it. It is integrated into the OS and I don't think ti was intended to be removed. It doesn't run automatically so it is not going to use system resources.

if you are using something else let us know what it is and we will help with that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.