Intermittent Internet

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to connect a new Macbook Pro to the Wifi in my home. My girlfriend has an identical Macbook Pro that is already connected and working fine however I am having problems.

On my girlfriends laptop the network settings are:

IP: 192.168.1.73
Router: 192.168.1.254

Whereas on mine the network settings are:

IP: 192.168.0.27
Router: 192.168.0.1

Both are on 'Using DHCP'. Occasionally the troublesome laptop connects to the correct router IP and all is fine but it reverts back to the wrong IP whenever it awakes from sleep.

The 192.168.0.1 IP is being used by a Powerline adaptor at the other end of our house which provides internet where the router cant reach. Even when connected to the router network (and out of range of the Powerline) the Macbook seems to have the Powerline IP whereas on the laptop that is working, the IP is always set for the Router whether it is connected to the Powerline or not...

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Im not familiar with the powerline adapters but can you configure it so that it bridges the network rather than NATing it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.