Ios6 Ipad2 Safari -- WANTED

Reaction score
I just upgraded from Ios6 to Ios7 on my Ipad2 yesterday, and I hate -- with the FLAMING PASSION OF A MILLION INFERNAL SUNS -- the appearance of the new Safari. I desperately want the appearance of the old Ios6 Ipad2 Safari back, and I don't particularly give a &$%^ about any functionality that the new Safari has over the old one. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Go back to iOS 6 is the ONLY way you are going to get the old Safari back.

What is it about the new Safari that has you so angry ?? Personally, to me, its faster, more reliable, easier to use and oh did I mention faster :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're kind of grossed out there partner.... ;) I think the new Safari in iOS 7 is great. Took me awhile to get my favorites back, but once I had everything the way it was before, I like it and it's faster than iOS 6.

OP
H
Reaction score
I just can't stand the new appearance of the UI. It's all so blocky and transparent :x considering 95% of what I do with my ipad is read things online, and given that I tend to read towards the top of the screen and scroll up when I'm done there, I get to look at the UI a ton. Is there some app I can download that will change the appearance or something? Believe me TattooedMac one of the first things I looked at was downgrading to Ios6 -- which I understand is now impossible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I just can't stand the new appearance of the UI. It's all so blocky and transparent :x considering 95% of what I do with my ipad is read things online, and given that I tend to read towards the top of the screen and scroll up when I'm done there, I get to look at the UI a ton. Is there some app I can download that will change the appearance or something? Believe me TattooedMac one of the first things I looked at was downgrading to Ios6 -- which I understand is now impossible.

Well the only thing I can tell you too do, is to look for another browser for you to work in. There are a ton out there, from the Google Chromes, to Dolphin, Atomic, Opera Mini, Puffin, Apollo, Mercury for jus a few to look at and try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.