screensavers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
hi guys,
ive downloaded a Cirque Du Soleil screensaver off the web and am wondering how to make it my screen saver? do i have to put it somewhere or change the extension or something. ill be buggered for the life of me if i can figure it out. can someone please let me know what to do, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
put it in the screen savers folder in your library.

OP
jacksonworld
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4
i dont get it. ive dragged it into the Library > Screen Saver and these dont have an extension once theyve unzipped, so i add the .saver extension and it changes to what look sright. but then when i open system preferences and select that screen saver it says that it hasnt loaded properly. grrr i dont understand why its not working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Did it specifically say that the screensaver was for Mac? Most screensavers out there for download on official pages for things are Windows only, and obviously you cannot use Windows screensavers on a Mac. It doesn't matter if you changed the extension on the end of the file or not.
Where exactly did you download it from, the URL I mean. That way we would be able to see if it is indeed made for Mac or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Okay... after you unzip it, then you have to double click on the file icon labeled "Screensaver".
This will open and unstuff the installer.
Then you double click on the installer and you should be all set.

It works fine on my system

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.