Canon Pixma MP500 and Navigator won't work with Mavericks

Reaction score
My new MacPro with Mavericks can't locate the drivers for my old Canon Pixma MP500 printer. Can't find the drivers anywhere online for OS 10.9.3. Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I also could not find any compatible Mavericks third party drivers for the Canon Pixma 500. The only thing I can suggest is to try the "Gutenprint" driver to see if it will work for your model Canon. It does support a variety of Canon InkJet printers.

Download Gutenprint 5.2.10 from here.

If that doesn't work, start looking for a new printer. I strongly recommend avoiding Canon in the future. I have found their printers difficult to setup wireless and scan in OS X along with less than satisfactory hardware.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I stand by what I originally wrote. Canon printers are a pain to setup wirelessly (you can search our forums) and are cheaply made - failed print heads are common. Again do some searching.

And besides the link you provided was a solution to scanning which is not what the original poster asked. But, like anyone else you're entitled to your opinion which we respect in our forums. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.