Clear Instructions for BlueTooth please

Reaction score
I used to be able to turn on Bluetooth on my Galaxy S4 telephone and send photos to my iMac desk computer. Bluetooth is on for both my phone and OS X 10.9.3 (13D65). What am I doing wrong - can someone give me a clear set of instructions please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does your iMac "see" the Galaxy S4 when you select Blue Tooth? I did some Googling on the subject and found several different solutions which look like they would work to transfer photos from the S4 to iPhoto on your iMac. So if you can't get the S4 to pair up properly with your iMac and transfer the photos, there are other methods you can use.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

It used to work in the past, but now the iMac doesn't appear to see the Galaxy S4. I have been clicking on the gallery photos on the phone with bluetooth on (Both iMac and Phone). Nothing happens.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless you can pair the phone up with your iMac, nothing will happen to effect the transfer. Like I said above, there are other methods to use which may actually be faster. One method was to use the Android software and another said it could done by USB. Do some Googling if you can't get BT to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.