Mavericks Updates

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.66 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
Before Mavericks, when an update was issued, user could click to get a description of what was being updated. Why has that changed? Today, I'm stuck with updating God knows what Apple is doing to my OS. Bring back the update description option. I like to know what is going to be added to my hard drive and my operating system.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can still do the same thing: When you're notified that "Updates are ready to be installed", just ignore it and instead go to the Apple menu (upper left on screen) and click on "Software Update". You'll then be given a list of the updates and a description of each. I never allow updates to be downloaded and installed until I find out what exactly they are.

And.. this is important! If you're notified of a major update like going from OS X 10.9.2 to OS X 10.9.3, make a backup of your entire system before allowing the update to be installed. You can always cancel out and go back to software update later.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.