Macbook Air difficulty waking up.

Reaction score
My Macbook Air OsX8.5, after a sleep, often wont wake up and I have to 'Ctrl-Cmd-power' held down for 20 secs to wake it. Then I have to reboot from scratch and it tells me there has been a problem. This is beginning to happen quite often. Why does it do this and is there something I should I do please?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC). See the following Apple KB article to learn how: LINK

OP
P
Reaction score
THanks very much Chscag, I gave it a try and am waiting to see if it make a difference. Paul

OP
P
Reaction score
My Macbook Air is still often very reluctant to wake up, particularly if I close the lid to put it to sleep. When I open it the screen is black. I then have to press Ctrl Alt and the dlete key and wait several minutes before it come to life.
If I leave it on with the lid open it sometimes rebooted itself without any instruction from me.
I have tried resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) but it does not solve the problem.
Anything else I could do? Is there a hard reset somewhere so if it permanently stays asleep I can wake it up?
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.