• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

5 Yrs and 7500 post later . . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And here I am.
Its been 5 yrs and 7500 post since I joined this forum. One thing I have to say, is thank you to all for being apart of this forum and hence my life. There have been times where I have struggled to wake up in the morning, but I have always had a email drop in saying "You Just received a PM on Mac Forums" and sure enough it was one of you out there wondering about me, and chasing up my where a bouts and seeing if I was OK and for that, I don't have the words, apart from, Thank You :D
It meant the world to me, honestly.

This place has been my saviour in more ways than one. I first dropped in here, because I turned on FileVault way back in Leopard, and next thing I knew, I was in all sorts of trouble, because of a bug, and the way FV worked, there was no way for me to do anything, because I didn't have enough space on my White Macbook, for it to take the encryption away, because it needed 2x the space to do it.
I did a lot of research and with help from the forum, I found a way around it. That was my introduction to the forums.

I have learnt a lot, well everything I know from the forums here. There are so many brains, and dedicated workers to write down their knowledge and help others out, and again, if it wasn't for those that keep coming back, I wouldn't be where I am today.
I have seen Admin come and go, 1 pass away so very unexpected ( RIP Schweb óle mate ) and have seen the forums go through many changes, and all for the best. We have the best Staff of ANY forum I have every gone too, and one of the biggest reasons I have hung around, because its a testament to the work they put in to keep this forum the place it is.

Its a great place to come and just chill out, and I really do enjoy it, coming in and helping out. There was a time, when I thought, I would never know the amount of stuff like the likes of Charlie, Nick, Bob and Van but here I am, 5 yrs and 7500 post and 3x MoTM later, I'm well on my way.
Im learning something every day, either from the forum, or doing the research to help out others, but also for my own knowledge, and what makes me laugh, is I haven't stayed in 1 place for more than 5yrs at a time ever, until I came to the place called Mac Forums, and that says something.

I have seen the everything from the 2nd Gen iPhone to the iMac's going to skinny mode and MBA 11" arrive, to all portables having Retina Displays (well almost). Apple TV, iWatch, iPhone6 and many more Rumours.

I look back and think WOW !!! It has been a great journey and would like to say, I consider every single one of you a friend, and I thank you for making this the place it is, and welcoming me in, 5 yrs ago today (actually Yesterday lol Shhh I won't tell) and making it feel like home.

I don't plan on going anywhere, and hope to see you all again, in another 5yrs time, when we have a iWatch, with iGlasses where I can post on the forums, by just speaking the words, and seeing them on a Air Display (hovering in front of my eyes like a Hologram).

Thank You :)

TM

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Congratulations on a great 5 years Brent! And I'm looking forward to when you achieve "Field Marshall" status and get your fourth star. :Cool:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Well said Brent. You are good people and if I can ever help you in any way let me know also. Glad you are sticking around. To many of the long time users are no longer active here.

Take care!

…Dennis

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Five years and 7500 posts. WOW. Think you could slow down a bit till some of us catch up with you?

Seriously though. You always seem to have a positives word for almost everyone in the forum. There's no telling how many people you have helped without realizing it. Keep it up dude.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Brent - congrats & thanks for all of your great input here, and a deserved 'triple crown' winner of MoTM - :)

This is your 'Wood' anniversary (pic attached from a Wiki article), so in 5 more years you'll reach the 'Tin' mark - I frequent about a half dozen forums and the only one that I have as many posts as yours here (actually about 9000) is the Good-Music-Guide, mainly classical music discussion group, but I've been there at least 8 years.

Thanks again for all of your help and contributions - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-05-21 at 10.23.15 PM.png

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
It has been a pleasure knowing you, Brent.
Here's to five more years . . . :)

EDIT: Just noticed an interesting coincidence. We're both on post 7501 with this thread.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This is your 'Wood' anniversary (pic attached from a Wiki article), so in 5 more years you'll reach the 'Tin' mark
And what resource will people here be purchasing me? Iron or sugar? Great, now I can be armoured up and hyped up on sugar. ;)

Thanks for being an active member of the community Brent and for putting up with the likes of myself and others who like to push peoples thinking and play as devil's advocate. Hope to see you around for many more years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Congrats and happy 5th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Congrats Brent.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Geez are you still here?
Seriously, congratulations on 5 years. May we all see 5 more.
Maybe by then I'll learn something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
tempus fugit - or something like that

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks all, but this was more just to say, that you are all awesome and this is a great place to hang out. Im glad I found it 5yrs 2 days ago.

tempus fugit - or something like that

Yes it certainly does fly ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Actually mate the count is 7502!! Well done Brent I remember when you a whippersnapper here.

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Brent - congrats & thanks for all of your great input here, and a deserved 'triple crown' winner of MoTM - :)

This is your 'Wood' anniversary (pic attached from a Wiki article), so in 5 more years you'll reach the 'Tin' mark - I frequent about a half dozen forums and the only one that I have as many posts as yours here (actually about 9000) is the Good-Music-Guide, mainly classical music discussion group, but I've been there at least 8 years.

Thanks again for all of your help and contributions - Dave :)

But, but, I'm Traditional Aussie ?? Paperbark maybe ?? lol

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hey there Brent. Great hanging out with you for the past 5 years. Been great of you sharing other parts of your life (not just Mac computing). I know that there have been some ups & downs (mostly up's).:)

Keep it up...hope to see you around for many more years!:)

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Geez are you still here?
Seriously, congratulations on 5 years. May we all see 5 more.
Maybe by then I'll learn something.

Learn something...

I'm wondering how much more I'll forget in the next 5 years.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Learn something...

I'm wondering how much more I'll forget in the next 5 years.

you too tom? :D Grin

We should keep in touch more if either of us can remember to get in touch! :D Grin

Oh almost forgot, what was your name again? :D

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually mate the count is 7502!! Well done Brent I remember when you a whippersnapper here.

Ahh you pick up on the little things Harry ;)

But how could I forget you mate. Always good to have another home grown in the Audience haha but thanks, you made it easy to stay with all your help too . . . . !!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.