iWeb: Publishing Only New/Changed Content?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Is there a way to have iWeb publish only new/changed content? In my case, I've been publishing to my site via WebDAV, and it works well, but it seems iWeb insists on publishing the entire site, rather than just new/changed content. I imagine I could publish locally, and then FTP the selected files, but there has to be a better way . . I hope. :)

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
When you edit a page, it turns red on the side. Red pages are uploaded. For me, the one's that haven't been changed aren't uploaded. It only does things that have changed.

Reaction score
rs2sensen said:
When you edit a page, it turns red on the side. Red pages are uploaded. For me, the one's that haven't been changed aren't uploaded. It only does things that have changed.

Are you using .Mac though?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Yeah, I use .Mac. I just did another upload of the site, in which I revised a single page. When I watched it upload, it said "Uploading PAGENAME" and that was it, no other pages. Done in 20 secs (including LogIn).

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
Thanks. In my case, I noticed the following:
Publishing via "generic" WebDAV, all of the pages always appeared in red.
All of the content is always published, not just the changed page.
After doing a test, and publishing to my .Mac trial account, the pages turned blue.

So, it appears this functionality is limited to using iWeb with a .Mac account. As my site grows, that alone might justify the .Mac membership.

Thanks to both of you for the follow-up/comments.

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.