Errors when attempting to copy Lg files on USB drive

Reaction score
I purchased a large volume USB flash drive. Every time a try to copy files tis drive, I get an error message and then the Mac ejects the drive. I'm sorry, but i didn't save the error code/ So I have 2 issues: Can I somehow find a log of the errors received, and how can I correct this problem. I have tried copying large rules, such as Aperture, and get the error EVERY time. I need help from those more able to determine the problem than I am.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Welcome to the forums.
What brand / model / size is this USB flash drive ?
How is it formatted ? ( FAT32 / NTFS / other ) ?
Are the files you are copying larger than 4 GB in size ?
What is the exact error code/message that shows on the screen ?

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
... I get an error message and then the Mac ejects the drive.

That makes me think: "incorrectly reported capacity" - which is really just a polite way of saying "fake USB drive" :\

In addition to McBie's excellent questions, may I ask, where did you buy it from? There are so many USB/SD fakes on [something]bay and [someone]list, it's just not worth the risk anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.