New DVD / Blue Ray Player

Reaction score
Hi! My name's Uwe, and I'm new here (as a registered user anyway).
I'm a 71 years old retiree, spend my time with looking movies (recently Broiken City and Contagion) and work as a amateur xCode programmer.
The day before yesterday the internal DVD player died and i decided to buy a blue ray player, a Samsung SE-506BB/TSBD. It didn't run.
I checked it on my neighbor's PC and it run.
Apple Store treats me from the top, no help.
So, has anybody has a clue ?
Uwe

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

This is a USB 2.0 Blu-Ray player and should work fine. Can you tell us the details of your Mac? Do you know if the USB port you plugged into works? Have you tried other USB devices with that port?

OP
VanceREgnet
Reaction score
Re

I bought the iMac in march 2012.
Meanwhile i bought the apple dvd superdrive and i plugged it in directly, the hub has not enough power. It worked fine.
Maybe the Samsung was faulty. The package looked like it went through several hands.
Should i buy it from another seller ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Last I checked, you had to have a third party blu-ray app installed in order to get it reading and displaying discs.

OP
VanceREgnet
Reaction score
I do not know what you guys ask for. I have installed the Macgo Blue Ray Player, but this app enters the stage not before the volume did appear on desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.