Printer Scanner Prolem

Reaction score
I have Firefox and Safari on computer, my wife uses Firefox to pick up her mail, I use Safari-AOL Mail, when I try to scan a document to send in email it sans but will not store in my documents, it will on Firefox for my wife. How do I get the printer, scanner to work on Safari as well?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The operation of any printer or scanner does not depend on your internet browser. (Safari, Firefox) You didn't mention which printer-scanner you have or what version of OS X you're using? You need to make sure that your printer-scanner has the proper drivers loaded for whichever version of OS X you're using.

OP
G
Reaction score
Printer Scanner Proble

I have 10,9.2, Maverick, added Maverick a short time ago, maybe the driver.

I have an HP C-4280. All in one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The HP web site has a listing for the driver: Mavericks 10.9 Drivers for the HP C-4280 are located here. Be sure to follow the HP instructions for installation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
OP
G
Reaction score
Still not working, I tried everything, uninstalled, re-installed, uploaded correct drivers and updates now I have completely lost the scan pro part, I think I need a new wireless printer that is more up to date with Maverick on my IMAC and with my new iPhone 5c. Any suggestions on good printer that is good on ink???

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't what your iPhone 5c has to do with printing or scanning but if you're looking for a new printer, here are some suggestions:

Epson
Brother
HP

Those three generally support OS X and have available drivers. I would have also recommended Canon, but their installation instructions and wireless setup leaves much to be desired. And the last one I had was a piece of junk.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Not sure what is happening here but you might not need a different printer just yet. Not sure what the fix is but some users are apparently able to get this working. See here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.