Mac OS X 10.11

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
How do I stop my screen from jumping around and splitting up

Do you really mean OS 10.11? Just checking since this OS version is very very old.

I think that we need a bit more info...since what was provided so far is very very little. What Macintosh model do you have?

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Mac

Thanks Nick. Yes it's OX X 10.11 as indicated in my subject. What one should I be running now and how do I install it?

P.S. I am very very old too....lol!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Nick. Yes it's OX X 10.11 as indicated in my subject. What one should I be running now and how do I install it?

As requested in my previous post...need to know exactly what Mac model you have.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Maybe I am missing something, but how can OS X 10.11 be old, when the latest is OS X 10.9.3

Cheers ... McBie

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe I am missing something, but how can OS X 10.11 be old, when the latest is OS X 10.9.3.

I'm guessing OP meant OS 10.1.1...and maybe missed a decimal point. I'm also guessing that the OP is using an old old Mac with a CRT display...which is suffering from the jumping & splitting up video (which we usually don't see with flat panel displays).

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
The computer I am referring to is my iMac desktop. I am constantly updating software but in Finder/About this Mac it says software version is OS X 10.6.8. I am also having trouble installing latest Adobe Flash Player. Is there a common denominator here?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The computer I am referring to is my iMac desktop. I am constantly updating software but in Finder/About this Mac it says software version is OS X 10.6.8. I am also having trouble installing latest Adobe Flash Player. Is there a common denominator here?

Ahh...this info makes a VERY big difference. The thread title "Mac OS X 10.11" appeared to me to mean that it had Mac OS 10.11 installed on it (and like McBie mentioned)...the latest version of the Mac OS is 10.9.

Thus the 10.11 number sounds like the model number of your iMac ...since you mentioned that it has OS 10.6.8 installed. If 10.11 is the model number of your iMac...then it would be about a 2009 model...and thus be about 4-5 years old (is this correct)?

Can you give us a bit more info on what your display is doing (you mentioned "jumping around and splitting up")?

- When does it do this?
- Does it happen only when you do certain things or use certain programs?
- It may be possible that this problem is related to Adobe Flash Player (since you mentioned not being able to install the latest version). Since Flash is related to how things are get displayed on your monitor.

* Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
So grateful for the help. I think we are getting somewhere. Yes it was purchased in 2010.
It seems to happen mostly with emails and when I google. The page jumps in and out, splits up and
sometimes there is a blue line around it.
Regarding Adobe Flash. I uninstalled it this morning as per an answer I received after googling that specific problem.
However when I go to install it's so quick I don't think it is installing properly. I managed to erase blocked plug-in message but I still have problems playing certain things especially on Facebook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.