iTunes Display

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbookpro 15,10.9.2,I7,700G HD,16G RAM
I will explain my problem as well as I can.

I have the latest OS and the latest iTunes update running on an early 2011 macbookpro.

When I am running the iTunes app in what I call regular display mode (basically three areas on the screen: left side displays libraries, devices, etc. Right side shows the screen on my iPad and the apps that are on the page being displayed. The center section displays all my apps with truncated titles and a box in which I can indicate whether or not the app should be installed or removed.), The icon for the app may be the actual icon or may be a generic icon. I am not able to find somewhere where I can tell the program to refresh the icon being displayed so I can get rid of the generic icons. The titles of the apps is displayed to the right of the icon but is truncated to the degree that I am not able to figure out the names of the app. Put this truncation together with a generic icon and I have almost no idea what app it is.

Thanks for any help
Kerry Kissinger
I think I have attached a jpg to show my problem.

I hope someone can tell me how to display more of the title of the app and how to change/refresh the generic icons to display the correct icon for the app.

iTunes.jpg

M

MacInWin

Move the cursor to "Hover" over the right hand edge of the section in question, just to the edge of the column where the up/down slider is located. It will change to a vertical bar with arrows pointing left and right. Click and drag to the right to expand the section.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Already tried that. Doesn't work.

Did you try to do it yourself and found that it worked? Or did you propose this idea based on your experience adjusting field sizes in other apps? I ask this cause it you tried to do it and and it worked for you while it does not for me than I have a different problem than I thought. I thought that my problem was I was not figuring out how to do it. If your proposal works for you then there must be something wrong with my version to iTunes as it does not work for me.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You have the iTunes window too narrow. Maximize or just widen the iTunes window and it will auto expand that section.

M

MacInWin

Yes, I did try it before I suggested it. It works. If it doesn't work for you, you have something else going on. Try bobtomay's suggestion to go full screen to see if that helps.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have no adjustment of the size of that section here either.

It is affected by the width of the sidebar and the width of the window - both of which you do have control over.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Been messing with it here and I think he has the sidebar enlarged. That can be dragged back to normal size. Mine is a small area on the left side of iTunes.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now I got it.

I went to view then full screen then I went to hide side bar, This provided enough room for both the list of apps to expand and the view of the pages (which I didn't care about)> Anyway, now I got the full name of the app.

Thanks to all for their help/interest.

Seems this also solved the problem of the icon displayed being a generic icon.

You all are the best!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.