Trying to Install Windows

Reaction score
SO I am trying to install windows on a oration on my hard drive so I can get on Steam and play games with some friends and use Auto CAD for school. I have gone through using Bootcamp and followed the directions, first creating a backup disk and going forward with trying to install windows 7. The issue that I am having is when I install the windows disk to install my computer tells me that the partition is not set up for NTFS. I am not sure how I can set it up properly since I don't see an option for it and Bootcamp does it automatically. I also tried a copy of XP but my keyboard doesn't work when I go to the setup screen(I think that is because it may be service pack1) any ideas or help would be great thanks.

By the way I am running a MAC Pro late 2011

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Forget about XP, you can't run it on your 2011 MacBook Pro or Mac Pro (whichever you have). As for Boot Camp, it does not automatically format the Boot Camp partition to NTFS, that must be done during the initial Windows 7 installation. Boot Camp first formats the partition to FAT-32, however, it's during the Windows 7 installation that the partition is formatted to NTFS. Just be sure that you format the correct partition. It's this step that many folks mess up and wind up formatting their OS X partition instead. Backup first!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.