OS X Version 10.9.2 Popups

OP
B
Reaction score
I appreciate of the help with my issue, and although some has helped, I am still receiving popups and small windows popping up from certain words that are in bold that causes pop ups when the cursor hovers over it.

Is this something I should take into my local Mac store?

VERY frustrated here.

This literally happened after I upgraded to the newest Mac version. I understand that has nothing do with it, but, it started soon after.

Thanks!!!!!!

BC

OP
B
Reaction score
I've been meaning to post this...Ghostery and Adblock worked, but I still have a few words or phrases on pages that appear like links. When I move my cursor over, a small pop window appears with advertisements.

Any idea what I can do to rid my computer of these?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I've been meaning to post this...Ghostery and Adblock worked, but I still have a few words or phrases on pages that appear like links. When I move my cursor over, a small pop window appears with advertisements.

Any idea what I can do to rid my computer of these?

Thanks!

No amount of AdBlock or Ghostery will prevent that from happening. Those "link-overs" are by design and appear on certain sites. Most of the time they're used by pay sites that offer membership (no link-over ads) or free access and put up with the link-over ads.

Reaction score
Please open Safari's Preferences, click on Extensions, and list what extensions you have installed.
Something got installed, possibly without your knowing, that is causing these popups.
Ghostery can get rid of them but we need to find what's putting them there in the first place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.