Mail mailboxes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2019, 2.4GHz i9, 64Gb Ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Gb, 2Tb SSD
My mail program has been getting a bit of a mess recently, i had 4 different email addresses linked to it
-yahoo,
-gmail,
- the one that comes when setting up iCloud,
- and my universities email.

Its become a bit unmanageable due to old rules that were setup, and different mailbox folders making viewing new emails a nightmare.
I attempted to start all over again by resetting it, this involved deleting some folders after reading some thread on how to reset mail to factory settings.
So far i have set up the Yahoo and Gmail accounts again, but i have a problem.

I would like to click on gmail at the top of the list to see my googlemail emails, but for some odd reason only some emails are there, the bulk of them are in the lower down one "all mail (gmail)"

why is there two gmail inbox buttons, how can i remove one so all my googlemail emails are visible from the top gmail tab.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
The simple answer to your question is; when you reset Mail and I assume you have a IMAP Google Mail account only new mail will appear in your inbox. All old mail will be archived at the Google server into "All Mail". You should see All Mail under Archived. You cannot change this but it is easily accessed by selecting Archive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.