Attachments and Full screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Running 10.8 and when i click on an attachment in an email, Mail goes to full screen, which on my 27 is a right P in the A. :Not-Amused:

Any of you experts out there know the terminal command to turn this off?

It irks me having to manually resize the mail window any time i click on an attachment.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I have tried to replicate your problem in Mavericks (OSX 10.9) and I am unable to. Obviously you are not referring to the attachment being in full screen display (I hope) but the Apple Mail screen. If for instance I open a PDF attachment in a Mail message it will open in full screen but this is an Adobe setting, when I close it I return to the same size Mail screen I had before. As far as I can see there are no preferences to control this behavior. I will do a little research and get back to you.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
OK looks like this may be a known issue with OSX 10.8. As said it does not happen with 10.9. So you can probably guess what I going to say next. Update to Mavericks. Just be aware of a few things. You will need a new version of iTunes. It does not come with the installer, it is free but you will need to download it seperately. Check first that all your current apps are compatible with Mavericks.

OP
Collin Bl
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Thanx Rod, was holding off on mavericks mainly to reduce the hassle of the Law of Unintended Consequences - which is bound to apply!
There have been the odd time when i have considered going back to Snow Leopard, but have not weakened - yet!
Might be time to root out a few old apps that are no longer used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.