Best user friendly Software for doing a news letter

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.3 GH i7, 100GB internal storage, 3TB external storage, 2 15" Monitors. OSX 10.11.4
I have been tapped to publish a monthly newsletter for my statewide wood carving club. It has been done in the past but no one seems to know what software was used to produce it. I'm guessing MS word. This is a typical news letter with several pages of boiler plate content for membership forms, list of officers and the like. There will be chapter content from each of our 13 chapters and affiliates.

I'm hoping to find a Mac Product that is relatively easy to use and and can produce camera ready output in PDF format. I am prepared to purchase something up to several hundred dollars.

Can some of you make recommendations.

Thanks,
SASGeek

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well, you won't need to spend several hundred dollars to find good Mac software to do what you want. If you recently purchased a new Mac, you're entitled to a free download of the Apple iWork applications which includes "Pages" a combination word processor and layout program. Excellent for newsletters, bulletins, etc. The Mac App Store also has another excellent layout program for $17.99 (one that I personally use) called "iStudio Publisher". If you're familiar with MS Publisher from Windows, it's very similar.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.3 GH i7, 100GB internal storage, 3TB external storage, 2 15" Monitors. OSX 10.11.4
iStudio

Thanks for the information on iStudio which luckily I already own. I have been unable to find and manual or third party book to assist with using this product.

Can you ar anyone else make some recommendations? I need to come up to speed relatively quickly since I mus publish my first edition on July 1st. I want to be able to make this monthly process as simple as possible using a template with regular boiler plate and a set for mate for chapter reports, president's message, Treasures's report etc.

Thanks for any help that you my offer.
SASGeek

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As Harry pointed out, there's a PDF manual which is pretty good to follow. Also, the iStudio Publisher folks have teaching videos on their web site. But truthfully, the program is very easy to use and like I stated previously if you've ever used MS Publisher, you'll feel right at home with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.