program such as VS

Reaction score
Hello ..

I need a program such as Visual studio , for my os

i need to design a program , and i want it to run in all of systems ( windows , os , lunix )

please any one can give me a linke or name ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
XCode is the development IDE for OS X that's available for free..

What language were you going to program in? If you want cross platform, then you have to first find a cross-platform framework that will allow you to deploy across those 3 OS'.

Qt is one such C++ framework that's used by many people successfully..

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
The answer to this question depends on what language you want to code in given that a good portion of them are cross-platform.

As Raz0rEdge noted, QT is a good bet especially since there are bindings available for a whole host of languages.

OP
A
Reaction score
XCode is the development IDE for OS X that's available for free..

What language were you going to program in? If you want cross platform, then you have to first find a cross-platform framework that will allow you to deploy across those 3 OS'.

Qt is one such C++ framework that's used by many people successfully..

i think i will use php language , so if i have XAMP platform , where can i start ?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're doing web development, cross platform issues are not a concern.

You can write PHP code in any editor. As far as I know, there are no IDEs like VS for PHP (please correct me someone more knowledgable if I'm wrong).

OP
A
Reaction score
If you're doing web development, cross platform issues are not a concern.

You can write PHP code in any editor. As far as I know, there are no IDEs like VS for PHP (please correct me someone more knowledgable if I'm wrong).

i will write a Desktop program , so when i designing this program on my mac os , i want it so run in another OSs (windows , lunix) ..
the q : where can i start , waht is best program or platform to doing this ?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PHP is primarily for web applications. You'd be better off using a language geared towards desktop development.

What languages are you familiar with?

OP
A
Reaction score
PHP is primarily for web applications. You'd be better off using a language geared towards desktop development.

What languages are you familiar with?

c++ , python , objective c
to be clear my idea is ( i need to design a program for the Lawyer , to submit the cases and the price for it , Clients and insert the database , i need to send reports to ( clients & lawyer ) send messages to thier phone numbers

and a few details alse ( all these actions done from the program i designed from it) , so i think a program such as VS will do what i want , right ?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any of those languages will accomplish what you want except for Objective-C (which will do that but will be less cross-platform friendly). Python is nice as would C++ with QT bindings and a SQLite database.

Reaction score
I agree with vansmith that Python or C++ would be a good cross platform choice, and to avoid Objective-C as it is OSX and iOS only.

But I would echo cradom's advice about using Xojo for simple cross platform development from a single and user friendly IDE, and it also can be used for Web Application development from the same IDE.

Although I'm an Objective-C and ApplescriptObjC developer at heart, Xojo would be my 1st choice for your cross platform project.

Xojo

Regards Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.