Need to change user name?

Reaction score
Having purchased Macs for a small office, we've had 1 person leave, can I delete them as the owner on the machine or do you nave to re install the system software to do this?

On the same vein can you move an entourage email database from 1 mac to another so that the files kept are the same?

J

JunMacTech

RickM said:
Having purchased Macs for a small office, we've had 1 person leave, can I delete them as the owner on the machine or do you nave to re install the system software to do this?

Im assuming that you only have one user account on this machine and have it set to automatically log in. If so, what you would want to do is log into the machine and go to system prefs->accounts

Click on the + to add another user
Create your user account and make sure to give Admin Privledges.
Click Login Options and change where it says Automatically log in as to the user that you just created.

Now highlight the old user and click the - button to delete that account.

If you are in a mult user environment, all you would need to do is create the new user and delete the old user.

RickM said:
On the same vein can you move an entourage email database from 1 mac to another so that the files kept are the same?

To move a user's entourage account from one machine to another (correct me if this is not what you are trying to do) what you will need to do is go to:

Macintosh HD/Users/USERNAME/Documents

And copy the Microsoft User Data folder to the same place on the new machine.

Hope that helps,
JunMacTech

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.