Restore data from Time Machine

Reaction score
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place but I am not too confident in the Forum.

I don't know what I did but all my contacts in "Contact" are gone.

I did try to get them back from the Time Machine but I can't do it because I don't know how to dot it.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you

Reaction score
1.Open "Contacts";
2.Enter Time Machine and,in Applications,select Contacts ant then a date when you're sure Contacts had al info;
3.Click "Restore".
That's it.

Reaction score
OK.It seems you don't have the Time Machine icon on your Menubar,so on the 4th pic go to System Preferences>Time Machine and click "Enter Time Machine" and proceed as I mentioned in points 2 and 3 of
my previous reply.You'll find the "Restore" button on bottom right of your display .
Keep me posted.

OP
T
Reaction score
Aaaah! That was what I was doing wrong... I did click in the icon in the desktop that says "Time Machine Backups" instead of the Time Machine Menu Bar icon.

It is working now... Thank you so much.

Only one more question: I can only restore card by card, There is anyway to restore all together at the same time? I don't mind, I have plenty of time, I having " a fun" but just to know in the future.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ta McBie.

I did finish restoring card by card but I take notice of the advice in your link. Actually I'm going to have a try since by now I lose nothing and will be a good training for the next time that I need to restore something.

I take this opportunity to thanks cabalebe1 for his/her advice that did work perfectly and to apologize for being so rude not to thank straight away.

All the best, McBie. Thank you.

Tino

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.