iCal jammed, iCloud copy OK.

Reaction score
My iCal has jammed with an uncancelable window. Force quitting doesn't clear it. The iCloud copy is perfectly OK. How can I resolve this please? Is there a way of transferring the good copy back to the computer? Paul

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If it's just a stuck window, logging out and back in might rid you of it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks but no, logging out and /or rebooting doesn't clear it. Neither does Force Quitting. I really need to somehow download the iCal copy from iCloud to the computer and install it in place of the corrupted copy, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My iCal has jammed with an uncancelable window. Force quitting doesn't clear it. The iCloud copy is perfectly OK. How can I resolve this please? Is there a way of transferring the good copy back to the computer? Paul

Open your Activity Monitor (Applications, Utilities, Activity Monitor.app) and look for the process that has gotten stuck. Highlight it, and then go to the top tool bar of the Activity Monitor and press the "Stop Sign" symbol. That should kill the process. Afterward, reboot the machine.

And.. you can not download iCal from the cloud. You'll need to reinstall OS X in order to reinstall your calendar app if need be.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm a little confused, then, what a jammed window is. Can you take a screenshot (Command + Shift + 3) for us and post it here?

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you vansmith,
I have taken a screenshot and entered it using the 'insert image' icon, I hope that's right. It shows the calendar program in the background with the blocking pane in front of it. (I included an Untitled text pane in the front of the blocking pane to block sensitive content).

The calendar program cannot be accessed at all except that the blocking pane can be moved slideways but not up and down. I got into this mess whilst opening a calendar event and pasting in some content..

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks chscag for your very prompt reply.
I did everything you said but it did not cure the fault. I force quitted the Calendar in the Activity Monitor and rebooted as you said. However the blocking pane is still there. Any further suggestions please?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.