Connection Mini to two monitors

Reaction score
I have one monitor set via mini display port to VGA. I have another older monitor that i want to connect to my new mac mini.

Can anyone suggest an adaptor or method? I have a USB, Firewire or HDMI port available.

thanks!

Andrea

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to tell us what the older monitor is capable of? Does it have a VGA input? DVI? HDMI? Also it would help if you gave us the year - model of your Mini.

OP
A
Reaction score
Monitor to Mini connection

My monitor has 2 USB ports on the side and these underneath
Monitor inputs.jpeg

The Mac Mini is brand new bought from the Apple store last week. I have one monitor hooked up but cannot figure how to do the 2nd one. Many thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears you have a DVI input on the monitor, however, I can't be 100% certain so be sure to check your manual. Your Mini has the following video output ports:

Thunderbolt digital video output
• Native Mini DisplayPort output
• DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
• VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
• Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)

You can see from the above that you can easily attach two monitors, if of course you use the correct adapters and cables. It's best to buy those adapters and cables from Apple even if they do cost more than the generic ones.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.