Calendar Sync between iPhone5 and Macbook 10.9.2

Reaction score
First I would like to say hello and thank you for being here to help for those of us that find it hard to help ourselves.

Hard info:
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C1021)

Plus:
iPhone 5
iOS7.1.1

Back story:
Last week I had an issue w/ Macbook. Long story short, I took it to a local Mac retail store and had a diagnostic run to find that the OSX software had gone corrupt. They fixed it by re-onstalling from fresh. Luckily, I had Time Machine set up to back-up every night and so I didn't lose much if anything.

Problem:
I work a type of freelance job and use my calendar quite a lot. Since this problem, my calendars between phone have not been syncing all the time. I'm using the calendar that is on the iPhone and Calendar version 7.0 that comes with the mac. Typically in the past I have entered my work dates into my phone and when I plug it in, it opens iTunes and then syncs with the calendar on the Mac. This past time, I entered my dates on the Mac and they are not showing up on the iPhone. I have tried restarting both pieces, while plugged into each other and w/o and they still are not showing. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you again for being here,
Jody

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Welcome to the forums.

I don't know about syncing calendar entries between OSX and iOS via iTunes.
Myself, I sync my calendars via iCloud, using an iCloud account.
Whenever I have a WiFi connection or a Cellular connection, my calendars are synced.

Cheers ... McBie

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank You McBie. I have never used iCloud before and I'm not sure what or why my calendars synced before without it. I turned the calendar on in the setting of iCloud and almost instantaneously my dates were on my phone. So thank you very much. Fixed is fixed however it happens:)

C

chas_m

You have two choices:

1. Set up an iCloud account and sync your calendar and contacts through it. Recommended.

2. Wait for 10.9.3 to come out (probably Tuesday), it restores the feature of local syncing of contacts and calendars (yes, Apple removed the feature, and now they're putting it back). I still recommend the iCloud syncing, since it is automatic and fabulous.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.