Lost Album

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2011 27" i7 iMac iPad Air iPhone 6 iPod Classic Sierra
I recently purchased an album through iTunes. All went well and it downloaded to my computer (2011 iMac) and when I connected my newish iPod Classic the synchronisation occurred and the album appeared on my iPod. This was some weeks ago and when I went to play the album yesterday I noticed that it wasn't showing on my iPod anymore.

I went back to my computer and looked on it to see if the album was there and it was but when I connect the iPod to the computer it doesn't transfer during synchronisation.

Any suggestions as to what might be the problem would be gratefully received.

C

chas_m

I don't know what's going on there, but try powering down the iPod Classic and restarting it -- couldn't hurt, might help.

If it was an iPhone or iPod Touch I'd have suggested you simply redownload the album from the phone/touch/iPad etc but that's not an option for you on this.

Another idea: try deleting the album from iTunes on your iMac, then re-downloading it and then resyncing. Make sure of course that the album is checkmarked.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pardon my ignorance but having deleted the album from my iMac how do I them re-download it from iTunes. What do you mean by make sure it is checked?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Re-download the album by doing the following:
1. Launch iTunes and open the link to the iTunes Music Store
2. Make sure that you are logged in under whatever iTunes account purchased the album.
3. On the right side of the main page (in the Quick Links section) will be a link marked Purchased. Click that link and you will find links to previously purchased content.

If the album doesn't appear among the links go back to your library and see if the album is listed there. If it is delete the link from your library. Not it should allow the download from the iTunes store.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have followed all the suggestions above, that is I deleted the offending album from my library on the iMac then went to the iTunes store and re-downloaded the album from my recent purchases. I then connected the IPod classic to my IMac in the hope that the album would 'reappear' after the synchronisation, no such luck!! :(

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well thanks to my son-in-law we found a work around solution which returned the missing album to my iPod.
We opened ITunes on the iMac and selected all the tracks on the album. Then with the iPod connected we right clicked, chose Add to Playlist and then chose my iPod as the destination.

I still have no idea why it disappeared in the first place, or why it wouldn't reappear when I synchronised the iPod with my computer???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.