Software Removal

Reaction score
I recently installed Sophos Anti-Virus onto my Imac, hmm silly thing to do no dought.

I have found it differcult to uninstall know I have tried dragging into the bin etc not working as it leaves software icon at the top of the screen, and I keep getting the message Sophos is not running.

I have re-installed and this has stopped, I can't seem to find a add/remove option anywhere.

Help as this is driving me mad.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Remove option might be on the CD.

The app is no doubt embeded in the system start up and cron jobs. It may created an installer log file that will help you remove it.

J

JunMacTech

mogwi said:
I recently installed Sophos Anti-Virus onto my Imac, hmm silly thing to do no dought.

I have found it differcult to uninstall know I have tried dragging into the bin etc not working as it leaves software icon at the top of the screen, and I keep getting the message Sophos is not running.

I have re-installed and this has stopped, I can't seem to find a add/remove option anywhere.

Help as this is driving me mad.....

Check in Library/Application Support/Sophos Anti-Virus/
for SAV Uninstaller

It should be there and be what you are lookin for

J

JunMacTech

mogwi said:
JunMacTech, spot on that's done the job thanks...

Good, I only started using macs May 2005 so Ive been lurking and now Im finially able to help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.