Importing to iPhoto quit working

Reaction score
I used to be able to import to iPhoto with no problem, then I updated my iPhone4 to iOS 7.1.1 and now iPhoto will open when I plug in my phone but won’t show my phone so that I can import the photos. I tried changing the setting so that iPhoto doesn’t open automatically, but that didn’t work either. I need to be able to move my photos to my computer and am really frustrated that iPhoto quit working! Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure if this will help but on my iPhone 5c I had to turn on "sharing" before iPhoto on my iMac would pick up the photos off my iPhone when I plugged it in. You should also be able to "share" your photos between your iPhone and Mac using iCloud.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks! I don’t like using iCloud for my photos. I ended up turning off the setting that automatically starts iPhoto when the phone is plugged in, then I restarted my computer and somehow it started working again. CRAZY! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.