Is Tiger 10.4.11 upgrade to Leopard possible?

Reaction score
Is it possible or even desirable to install Leopard 10.5. on a iMac G4 15" display with 800mhz processor and 1 gig of ram. I don't want to lose the ability to access my Tiger programs or files but I have a lot of software for 10.5 that I can't currently run. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
C

chas_m

That machine would be likely to be eight to ten years old now. I'm afraid that the ugly truth is that you're going to need to modernize both your computer and software programs. You don't have to get something BRAND new, but I'd suggest something fairly recent. That G4 is now VERY VERY unsafe on the Internet anyway due to un-upgradable software.

OP
mrstix
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick and concise answers. I will be looking to upgrade to a more modern and powerful machine in the near future.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If your budget will cover it, here is the minimum spec equipment I would be looking for right now
OS X Mavericks: System Requirements

This will allow you to run the latest OS version, OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

C

chas_m

I'd suggest something from 2010 or newer if affordable. Apple's refurbs are a great value as well, and come with a warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.