Remotely accessing a PC from a Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 MBP 16 (64GB, 1T HD) OS Big Sur, iPhone 11Pro, Watch 6, Apple TV
I hope someone has the answer for this one.

I have a Mac Book Pro, and I access my work PC remotely. 99% of the time I have no issues, but this one has got me boggled.

I am in Microsoft Access 2010 on my work PC, through my Mac. In order to open the Navigation Pane in Access, when I am on my keyboard at work I press F11 - and it opens. Well on my Mac, that doesn't work. All it does is turn my sound down or show my dashboard.

Is there combination of keys on the Mac that equals the F11 key on a PC?

Probably the dumbest question ever, but I've tried everything and I need to get a report run and emailed before I go to bed and I can't do it without the Navigation Pane (Pain).

Thanks in advance! :Confused:

Dee

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try this: (Not sure it will work with remote PC but worth a try.....)

Open System Preferences and choose "Keyboard". From the keyboard dialog choose the "Keyboard" tab. From there, place a check in the box that says "Use all F1, F2............."

Reboot. Let's see if that works for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Does Teamviewer work?

The OP says he uses Microsoft Access 2010 and it works fine, he only has trouble with the Key Combinations mainly the Function Keys, and chscag has hit the nail on the head !!

OP
neesywah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Open System Preferences and choose "Keyboard". From the keyboard dialog choose the "Keyboard" tab. From there, place a check in the box that says "Use all F1, F2............."

Thank you chscag!

Unfortunately I had to scrap my plan last night and call someone who was on the evening shift to run the reports, and walk them through the process. But I know this issue will come up again, so when I get home tonight I will follow your instructions and see if that works for me.

Again, THANK YOU!! This forum is a lifesaver :Blushing:

Dee

OP
neesywah
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did what chscag recommended, and it worked perfectly! I didn't even need to reboot!

Thanks again!! :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.