Does adguard - adblocker work on safari?

Reaction score
I heard some people saying that the anti-banner adguard works on safari, but I am not sure if it does. Can anyone tell me if it works with safari and blocks more ads than BAP or any other adblocker?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Adblock for Safari is what you want. A newer version AdBlck Plus is out but is only Beta at this stage of develoopment.

https://getadblock.com

OP
D
Reaction score
Adblock for Safari is what you want. A newer version AdBlck Plus is out but is only Beta at this stage of develoopment.

https://getadblock.com

I have heard about that, but I don't think it can suffice my requirements as most of the people have negative views about it. I want to know about adblock - adguard if you have any info?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
AdBlock and Ghostery work just fine here - Safari 7.0.3 on 10.9.2

Just make sure you download them directly from Apple - click on Safari | Safari Extensions...

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Another vote for AdBlock & Ghostery

Would steer clear of Adblock Plus at this time - it is not the same developer as AdBlock and has been in the same beta stage for some months.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Believe less than 5% of the negative rubbish you read on the 'web. Three recommendations so now up to you to try it.

C

chas_m

For the record, AdBlock Plus came out of beta on Tuesday.

However, I've heard some negative reports about it -- apparently IT tracks you and sells that info to advertisers even as it blocks OTHERS from doing the same. I have not tested the program so I can't verify that the claims are true, but AdBlock (not from the same developer as pointed out above) has worked great for me along with DoNotTrackMe (which I preferred over Ghostery due to some compatibility issues)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.