Reinstall iCalendar

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Hello, is there an option to reinstall iCal (only this app). I'm running Mavericks, 10.9.2.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you referring to the Calendar app because the older iCal app is no longer available for download from Apple. If you have a Snow Leopard install disk set, the iCal app can be found on disk 2.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
The Calendar app yes, I have Mavericks as Operating System and a bootable CD already.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, just wanted to be sure which app you were referring to. You can download the free Apple Calendar application from here.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
When I click on the link and opens the macupdate page I clicked download button but nothing to download.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Built in applications cannot be reinstalled independently. As you'll see in this article from Apple, the only way to do it would be to reinstall OS X. You could use a third party calendar app. Here's a list of a few.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good to know. For some reason, I thought the included apps could be downloaded independently. I think they could at one time - but I might be wrong.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can I assume then that using something like Pacifist won't work? Assuming of course that the OP saved the installer.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Thank you. Pacifist doesn't work fine for me, for example I search the Calendar app and I'm trying to extract the packages but returns an error.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I wasn't sure whether it would work or not. I haven't tried it since Apple stopped releasing the OS on DVD. I wasn't able to try it. I need to download a new installer.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Good to know. For some reason, I thought the included apps could be downloaded independently. I think they could at one time - but I might be wrong.
You're probably right. It looks like you could have downloaded them at some point.

The Pacifist option is something I thought about earlier but how does it work now that OS X is shipped digitally?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
You're probably right. It looks like you could have downloaded them at some point.

The Pacifist option is something I thought about earlier but how does it work now that OS X is shipped digitally?

It takes some doing. Im not sure if you have to have it on a Thumb Drive or you can straight from the Installer in Applications. Ill play with it later, but I do remember I had to play around to extract something not so long ago.

I keep getting a error with a minute to go when I try and download Mavericks at the moment ?!?!? Hmmm

Be back

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
Strange Procedure

I was try with Pacifist to install the Calendar App (only) and after that, the App doesn't work properly so I had to reinstall Mavericks again. I don't know if I make something wrong but that's the story.
In our thread now, I've found that strange solution. (When I run the Apps as Apps, NOT FROM THE CALENDAR) and after that run them from Calendar they work fine. But If I run the App from Calendar, without run it first as App, it not works. I'm very confused, if somebody thinks something about it, I would like to know.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I was try with Pacifist to install the Calendar App (only) and after that, the App doesn't work properly so I had to reinstall Mavericks again. I don't know if I make something wrong but that's the story.
In our thread now, I've found that strange solution. (When I run the Apps as Apps, NOT FROM THE CALENDAR) and after that run them from Calendar they work fine. But If I run the App from Calendar, without run it first as App, it not works. I'm very confused, if somebody thinks something about it, I would like to know.

Thanks

^^^^ THIS ^^^^ I'm totally confused !!!

I know English isn't your first language, but honestly, this is just in comprehensible. What do you mean run Apps from Calendar and when you run Apps as Apps ?? I truly am lost, so if you could try to explain it better or screenshots if you thing that will help, that would be great.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
^^^^ THIS ^^^^ I'm totally confused !!!

I know English isn't your first language, but honestly, this is just in comprehensible. What do you mean run Apps from Calendar and when you run Apps as Apps ?? I truly am lost, so if you could try to explain it better or screenshots if you thing that will help, that would be great.

Hello, I'm trying to say this :
When I lunch the app manually first and then lunch the same app from Calendar everything works perfect.
But if I lunch the app from Calendar without lunch it first manually gives me "a problem with one notification".

C

chas_m

We do not understand "launch apps from Calendar." Calendars do not and can not launch apps, so we are lost and confused at what the problem actually is. Screen shots, please.

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
We do not understand "launch apps from Calendar." Calendars do not and can not launch apps, so we are lost and confused at what the problem actually is. Screen shots, please.

Calendar can be scheduled at specific time to send message, message with sound, send an Email or open a file. That's what I mean. I set my Calendar to open an app (like Contacts) at specific time.

C

chas_m

Yes, you finally explained (in a completely different thread) that what you are actually trying to do is run an AppleScript that launches programs at a specific time, not Calendar (which, as I said before, cannot launch apps. An alarm in Calendar can open a FILE, which will launch the associated app, but not the app directly).

Seems like a lot of work for such a little thing. Have you considered just having the Contacts app launch automatically on login instead? You can actually set the Mac to boot up at a specific time (in energy settings) and on bootup it will launch apps you've set to do so, all without AppleScript. Would that accomplish what you're looking to do?

OP
G_Pap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2011 - 27"
I spoke with Apple (yesterday and today), they said to me that "I discover a new bug on Mavericks" !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mind explaining the bug to the forum please ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.