Mac Mini buy now or wait till apple keynote speech?

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a Mac Mini today 6th May as I have work I really need to get on with but just heard there may be an update in a month or so. Is it worth that weight or not such a big deal anyway? Do any of you think the spec difference will be that different? Need on as of right now and my money will disappear on bills and rubbish if I dont get one soon! But dont want to cut my nose off to spite my face.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Sorry...but there is no way of knowing what Apple is going to do (they don't announce this sort of thing ahead of time). Mac-Mini's are overdue for an update. But when that update will come is anyone's guess. And if they are updated...what the update will be is also only a guess. Could only be a "speed-bump"...or something more substantial. Only time will tell.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
I always believe that if you need / want something now and can afford it then buy now.

You can end up always putting off a purchase for ever waiting for updates. Just buy what you need and enjoy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.