Internet disconnects on Macbook Pro

Reaction score
My internet has been disconnecting itself after a couple of hours for some months. It started some months ago when the internet cables were being upgraded in my university dorm. Something happened to the cables and everyone on the floor who uses a phone jack and ethernet cable was experiencing disconnections, slow speed and streaming issues. The ISP provider resolved some of the problems, but I kept having disconnections, which were spaced out between several hours and were fixed by renewing the dhcp lease in system preferences.
It wasn't that serious, but now I've moved to a new residence building which is under the same internet provider and still getting disconnected. I've tried another cable and it doesn't help.
Any ideas on what the real problem is?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not much can be done here other than setting up a new WPA2 Personal Network. Take it up with the ISP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.